CRAB APPETIZER NAPOLEONS
Package of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry. Thawed
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1/4-1/3 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 ounces fresh crabmeat, drained
4 scallions, sliced and then diced
½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold pastry sheet (do not allow to soften too much; otherwise, dough will stick together and be a mess), on a lightly floured surface. Cut pastry sheet into 12 (2-inch circles with cutter. Place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Split each pastry into 2 layers. Making 24 in all.
- Place cream cheese in bowl of electric mixer fitted with flat paddle. Beat until smooth. Stir in milk, horseradish, black pepper and crab.
- Spread mixture on 12 bottom pastry layers. Pop bottoms with filling back into oven and cook until just heated through – about 2 minutes. Top with onions, almonds and top with pastry top. Sprinkle with a little paprika.
Baking sheet covered with parchment paper Pastry knife
Bread knife Teaspoon
Measuring spoons small baking sheet for nuts
Electric mixer with flat paddle