CRAB LOUIS PARFAIT
½ cup Hellmann’s mayonnaise
¼ cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons chili sauce
3 tablespoon freshly chives, cut up with scissors
2 tablespoons minced celery
1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Avocado Mousse:
1 ripe Haas avocado, about 6 ounces, cut in half and seed removed
1 cup sour cream
1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
½ teaspoon salt
Dash Dat’l sayce
For the Tomato Salad:
2 cups seeded and finely diced tomatoes
4 tablespoons finely diced red onion
1 cup peeled, and finely diced European cucumber
2 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro leaves, cut up with scissors
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or to taste
1 cup lump crab meat (7-8 ounces)
¼ cup cilantro sprigs
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and stir with flat wire whisk until well incorporated. Cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate.
- Remove skin gently from avocado and remove seed. Mash avocado with fork and then add sour cream, lime juice, salt and pepper sauce. Whisk well until thoroughly combined and creamy. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- To prepare tomato salad: place tomato, red onion, cucumber, cilantro, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and stir very gently to combine. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Divide crab into 8 portions. Place 1 tablespoon of tomato salad in bottom of chilled champagne glass or wine glass. Next add a portion to cover tomato salad in an even layer. Top the crab meat with 1 tablespoon of dressing. Add another ¼ cup of tomato sauce in an even layer over dressing and then spoon about 3 tablespoons of avocado mousse over the tomato salad. Repeat layers one more time.
- Complete 3 more parfaits and garnish each with a little more of the tomato salad and cilantro sprigs.
Measuring cups Measuring spoons Cutting board bread knife
4 plastic or glass bowls Fork Paring knife wooden spoon
Flat whisk Plastic wrap Parfait or champagne glasses
Regular teaspoon (not measuring) to spoon ingredients in glasses