1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, smashed
Pinch of crushed red pepper
28 ounce can Italian plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
Pinch of dried basil and oregano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
¼ to ½ pound of ground round or other ground beef
- Place large saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Cook the garlic and red pepper, stirring frequently, until only just golden and aromatic (do not allow garlic to scorch!) add ground beef and sauté until no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano and taste for adding salt and pepper – at least ¼ teaspoon of each or more.
- Bring temperature up to a simmer and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Put in a food processor and puree.
- Serve over pasta or meatloaf.EQUIPMENT NEEDED:Measuring spoon Sieve or colander Can openerFoil Measuring cups Cutting boardLarge skillet saucepan Metal spatula
- Platter Cutting board Bread knife
- Sharp knife Grater Scale for sausage
- Large bowl Rimmed baking sheet Long fork