BRAIDED BREAD WITH BRIE TOPPED WITH FABULOUS SPREAD
1 loaf of frozen Bridgeford Bread (White)
1 small round of French Brie
1 jar of very good spread or preserve or conserve (available at T & T)
1 large egg
Pam vegetable spray
- Defrost bread and cut into three equal pieces with scissors (lengthwise).
- Roll into snake-like pieces and braid tightly. Use a small cake pan that you spray with a vegetable spray and place on parchment covered baking sheet. Place bread around pan and be sure bread ends are connected together well and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 until golden, about l5 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully. Remove bread when totally golden and allow to slightly cool – removing cake pan and place on round serving platter. Keep warm.
- Five minutes before bread has completed cooking, place Brie, which has been slightly hollowed out on top and filled with conserve, or preserves in the hollow of cheese, on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 350-degrees for no more than 6-7 minutes. Do not allow to over-bake or it will be too soft to put in bread.
- Remove Brie carefully and place in center of round serving platter and then place sliced bread around brie.
Equipment needed: small round cake pan – 7 or 8”
2 baking sheets covered with parchment