2-3/4 cup sifted flour
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon Baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup or 2 sticks unsalted butter
1 slightly beaten egg
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/3 cup whole almonds
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. We will use confection oven in Kitchen #2.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together into a medium size bowl.
- Place in a food processor and pulse with butter until mix resembles cornmeal. Add egg and almond extract and mix well.
- Cover your hands with confectioners’ sugar and then shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment covered baking sheet. Place balls 2 inches apart.
- Place an almond on top of each cookie and press nut down to flatten cookie slightly.
- Bake in a convection oven for 9 to 12 minutes. In a regular conventional oven about 14 to 18 minutes. Cool on a rack. Makes 4-1/2 dozen cookies.